For the first time in the brand's history, Taco Bell is relaunching one of two long-lost menu favorites, all of which will be decided by the fans.
Taco Bell is looking to bring back either the Double Decker Taco or the Enchirito, two legendary menu items which at their respective times of debut, pushed the envelope in fast food creativity. To help decide which of the two should make a triumphant return, loyalty rewards members have the power to vote for the winner.
For a quick history lesson to help us all get reacquainted, here's a couple fast facts on both the Double Decker Taco and the Enchirito.
Double Decker Taco
- First introduced as a limited time offer in 1995 before becoming a permanent menu item in June 2006.
- Later discontinued in 2019.
- The hybrid taco is made up of a soft flour tortilla layered with beans, then wrapped around a traditional crunchy taco shell filled with seasoned beef, crispy lettuce and cheddar cheese.
- The item debuted with a hilarious marketing campaign that starred NBA legends, Hakeem Olajuwon and Shaquille O'Neal.
- First introduced to menus in 1970.
- Later discontinued in 2013.
- It is made up of a soft flour tortilla, loaded with seasoned beef, beans and diced onions all rolled up and smothered with its classic red sauce before being topped with shredded cheddar cheese.
Foodbeasts Elie and TK got a first taste of both the Double Decker Taco and Enchirito, with both unanimous in support for the latter. "If [the Enchirito] isn't on the menu, I'm never coming to Taco Bell again," declared Elie.
So are you Team Double Decker Taco or Team Enchirito?
To become a Taco Bell Rewards member and begin voting, simply download the Taco Bell app and sign up for an account.