In the most extreme mashup of munchies possible, we've crammed all of the following into a single cheesesteak: SPAM and Slim Jim chili, steak, onions, PLUS Mac and Queso.
This ooey, gooey behemoth of a sandwich is certainly a sight to behold. It's the culmination of Munch-E-Mania, a special episode of Foodbeast's Twitch cooking competition, Kitchen League, where each of the three competitors made one component that inspired the entire recipe.
Combine them all together, and the results are as gluttonous as they are delicious.
Below are all of the ingredients you need and the steps required to construct what we've dubbed the SPAM ’n Slim Jim Chili Mac ’n Cheesesteak.
SPAM 'n Slim Jim Chili
- 1 can SPAM
- 5 sticks (~2 ounces) of Slim Jim
- Dried Chiles
- 6 Guajillo Chilies
- 2 Ancho Chilies
- 4 Chilies de Arbol
- 1 quart (32 fl ounces) of Beef Stock
Mac 'n Queso
- 8 oz Velveeta
- 1 10 oz can Rotel Original
- 1 cup milk
- 8 oz Elbow Macaroni Noodles
- 1 lb shaved steak
- 1 white onion
- 2 Hoagie Rolls
- Make the SPAM ’n Slim Jim Chili
- Hydrate the chiles in beef stock
- Blend until smooth.
- Dice the SPAM ’n Slim Jims into bite-sized pieces
- Pan fry the SPAM and Slim Jims until crispy on all sides.
- Deglaze with beef stock
- Add Chiles
- Season with pepper, not salt yet.
- Simmer to desired thickness
- Add salt to taste
- Cook the Mac N Queso
- Combine Velveeta, Rotel, and Milk
- Boil Mac according to package directions
- Mix together the Mac with your Velveeta mixture, ensuring it's extra sloppy.
- Assemble the Cheesesteak
- Slice the white onion into thin pieces.
- Slice steak (if not already shaved)
- Fry the onions until translucent
- Add the steak and fry until cooked and crispy
- Combine the steak and onions together
- Top with provolone and let melt slightly
- Place your bun on top of the entire mixture and steam.
- Construct your base sandwich
- Flip the sandwich out onto a plate or board lined with foil.
- Top with SPAM ’n Slim Jim chili
- Top with Sloppy Mac ’n Queso
- Enjoy your culinary munchie masterpiece.