Creamy. Zesty. Herbaceous. Great with chicken nuggets.
All of the above are tantalizing ways to represent ranch dressing, which has become as ubiquitous as it is scrumptious.
We think we may have found a way to top it, however, and it involves the addition of labneh, a Middle Eastern strained yogurt cheese known for its delicious tang.
Foodbeast Chris swapped out the usual mix of sour cream and mayo for labneh in making his own ranch dressing. When paired with some spicy nuggets, the results transcend what we know ranch can taste like into something incredible.
We paired this labneh ranch on a recent Twitch cooking stream with some Sichuan Nashville Hot Chili Oil tossed nuggets. Alone, each is already something special. Put them together, and it's a nugget experience worthy of recreating and feasting on.
Peep the recipe below for all the details on how to make this Labneh Ranch Dressing.
- 1 16 oz container labneh
- 1-2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- MSG, salt, and pepper to taste
- Get the consistency you want by adding buttermilk bit by bit to your labneh until its nice and creamy. Start with about 1 cup, then go from there.
- Add in your chopped herbs, and stir will.
- Add the spices, MSG, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine, and make sure to taste and adjust for seasoning to your liking.
- Serve with nuggets, wings, or whatever else you want to dip or sauce your ranch with.